Friday, December 2, 2011

Foodie Friday: Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies


Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend! WELCOME TO DECEMBER! My favorite month of the year! I know the last thing we need right now is more food, but trust me, you'll definitely want this delicious treat.

I love oatmeal chocolate chip cookies about 100 times more than oatmeal raisin cookies. I like to fool myself into thinking they are better for me than other cookies because of the oatmeal. Makes sense, right? Well, even if it doesn't, let's all agree to pretend for my sake, okay?

This recipe is based on the classic Quaker Oats recipe. I fiddled with it a bit though, wanted to make a denser cookie, a little richer. So here was the end result. Turned out pretty well I think! This recipe makes about 3 dozen cookies, which are the best when served warm!

You will need:
  • 3 cups oats
  • 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 cup milk chocolate chips
  • 8 tbsp (1 stick) and 6 tbsp butter, softened
  • 1/3 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • Dash of nutmeg


1.     Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farhenheit
2.     In a large bowl beat together sugars and butter until creamy
3.     Add eggs and vanilla to bowl and beat into sugar mixture
4.     Mix in flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg, beating until fully incorporated
5.     Stir or beat in oatmeal in 2-3 batches
6.     Stir or beat in chocolate chips
7.     Cover a cooking sheet with parchment paper (or foil) and scoop 1” balls of cookie dough onto sheet, leaving gaps of at least 1” between cookies
8.     Bake for 8-10 minutes


1 comment: