Friday, January 20, 2012

Foodie Friday: Nutella Cookies


I love Nutella, and the idea of Nutella cookies seems just delightful to me. I looked around for a recipe and just decided to try a really simple one I found on Pinterest. The modifications I did are totally optional, and I just did them to make the cookies stay soft, and not harden by the next day. So hopefully you like chocolate, because to me these cookies taste chocolatey and then have a bit of a hazelnut/Nutella after taste. Delicious!

This recipe makes 24 small cookies, or about 15 regular cookies.

You will need:
  • 1 cup of Nutella (I used a whole 13oz tub)
  • 1 cup all purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar (or 1/4 cup light brown sugar, 1/4 cup granulated sugar)
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp corn starch (opt, keeps your cookie soft)
  • Chopped hazelnuts (opt, not pictured)
  • Milk chocolate chips (opt, not pictured)

  1. Preheat oven to 350
  2. Mix all dry ingredients together in large mixing bowl
  3. Beat in egg and Nutella, and any hazelnuts or chocolate chips
  4. The mixture will be dry and crumbly. Dig in with your hands and create 1" balls of cookie dough. You can add 1 tbsp of water to make the dough easier to handle, but I didn't and mine turned out very well
  5. Flatten the balls of cookie dough a little, making them thicker for softer cookies and thinner for crisper cookies
  6. Bake 6-8 minutes, depending on your cookie size, on a greased pan
  7. When you remove them they will still be a little gooey. Let set and cool for 5 minutes before moving from pan to cooling rack or plate
  8. Serve (or eat them all yourself)

No comments:

Post a Comment