Sunday, November 6, 2011

Inspiration Sunday: Yarn, yarn, yarn (and no knitting!)

Lately I have been contemplating taking up knitting. Right now my budget is super slim, but once I am financially able I plan on diving in and buying myself needles, yarn, a book, the whole shebang. So what's this week's inspiration? Why, yarn of course.

Yarn letters, yarn wreaths, yarn bottles. I have seen them all over Pinterest. Think of all the things you could wrap with yarn...
"The original yarn letters" on Etsy.com
Yarn covered beer bottles. Try wine bottles, mason jars, anything!
Yarn covered wreaths with felt flowers
Cover a lampshade with yarn!

Make yarn bowls, yarn "lanterns," yarn...tree covers?
Yarn bowls. Click above link to get the DIY. Use the same
adhesive to make the lanterns below...
 
 


...with balloons!
I don't even know where to begin, but I LOVE all of this color


Yarn for the holidays!
Small yarn balls, or small Styrofoam balls
covered in yarn, with burlap scarf, wire & buttons
Yarn ball turkey (or Styrofoam) with felt face features
and paper feathers for writing what everyone
is thankful for.
Wrap a Styrofoam cone with yarn
and add miniature ornaments
Use yarn as ribbon!
Perfect for knitters or crocheters, or little kids

No comments:

Post a Comment