Friday, October 7, 2011

Foodie Friday: The easiest quesadillas you've ever made


I was walking back and forth from my pantry to my refrigerator trying to figure out what on earth to eat for lunch... I was in desperate need of going to the grocery store so there were very slim pickings. What I threw together turned out to be terrific and is going to be eaten much more frequently in this household, that's for sure. These are without a doubt the easiest quesadillas I have ever made. This recipe makes about 4 servings, depending on how big your tortillas are.

You will need:
  • Tortillas (I had corn on hand, I bet flour would work even better)
  • Shredded cheddar cheese (or Monterrey Jack)
  • Canned chili (I used Hormel with beans, but any kind with or without beans would be great I'm sure)
  • Butter
  1. Microwave your chili according to the chili label. 
  2. Melt a little bit of butter on a skillet and and add a tortilla. 
  3. Top with a light layer of shredded cheese and let it begin to melt. 
  4. Add the chili and another light layer of cheese. 
  5. Add your top tortilla and wait until the cheese on top has had a chance to melt (which should be fairly quickly since the chili is hot already from microwaving). 
  6. Flip, let the tortilla heat up, and serve.

I put a dollop of sour cream on top too. If you have some guacamole or pico de gallo, that'd be a great garnish too.

Hint: If you are really crunched for time, you don't NEED to use a skillet. Since the chili is already hot, you can just layer it and let the hot chili melt the cheese and make the quesadilla stick.

Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment