Sunday, October 2, 2011

DESTINATION Sunday: Great Britain/London

I went to high school in London and see various English and British things that I always want to waste my money and time on. It's ridiculous, and I love it. So I thought I'd share some of my English obsessions with you :)

These are all places I loved and things that remind me of them, and they are all fantastic!

A wonderful statue outside the British Museum in London

Covent Garden Market- I've bought some fantastic antique jewelry
pieces here...and met a Backstreet Boy (AJ)

High Street Kensington. A lot of shopping here,
as well as a nice Pizza Hut (sit down, no delivery there) and
a Wagamama

THE Liberty store in London. Remember when Target did
that fun, modern, floral line by Liberty? Yah,
it was THIS Liberty. Floor after floor of fabrics
furniture, haberdashery, and general amazingess...
none of which I could afford.


This is Westminster Station in London.
I always described it as "Gothamesque."

Carnaby Street. That's all that needs to be said, right?
AKA: Hippie Heaven

This might be the MOST ghetto shopping center in Northern London.
The Pavilions in Uxbridge, Bucks


Hay-on-Wye booksellers in Hay-on-Wye in Wales.
This town is famous for its high quantity and quality of
antique and used books. I bought a second edition
Hans Christen Anderson Fairytales at this store.

Tintern Abbey, founded 1131. 
Also on the River Wye, between Monmouthshire, Wales and Gloucestershire, England.
Almost completely still in tact except for the missing roof. It's absolutely fantastic.
Fabric from Spoonflower.com that I want. Very badly. Very, very badly.
More of the same fabric family. There are a few more patterns
in the collection, but these two were my favorites.

I need these.

No comments:

Post a Comment