Sunday, September 18, 2011

Inspiration Sunday: Books, books, books

My life is filled with books. They are my passion. I studied English at university and have loved to write and read (in that order) for as long as I can remember. My mother (and me) loves to tell people that I wrote before I could read; I used to copy my story books letter by letter and have her read back what I had wrote!

I am thinking a lot about decorating with books because I would love to have them in every aspect of my life if I could! So, this week's inspirational subject (and probably several more weeks in the future) is books.

We'll start with something simple. I found these Penguin postcards on Amazon and I have been wanting to buy them and frame a bunch of them, creating a wall of book covers...



Bookshelves! What a great invention. A single piece of furniture to keep some of the most cherished things in the household. I saw the bookshelf on the left on Pinterest (from Crush Cul de Sac) and loved it... organizing your books (and nick-knacks) by color makes your bookshelf more a piece of art then a shelf! Love! The bookshelf on the right I love because it creates the illusion of floating books! So simple and so effective. How wonderful! This is from Polish the Stars.

Photobucket


This idea is just so cool. Paint some old stairs to look like stacked books. If I ever have a large study with stairs, or just have some small concrete stairs, I want to do this on a smaller scale (because this looks a little too large).

Photobucket


Visit us again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment