Wednesday, September 21, 2011

My Wedding: Location! Location! Location!

Picture from FriscoHeritage.org

Not too far from me, and right down the street from my fiance's parents' house is a great historic district, with reconstructions of old buildings from the area. The Heritage Center is pretty adorable and it is the location of my fiance and my wedding!

While this isn't exactly a craft or anything I am doing for the wedding, I had to share it with you so that in the future when I do post things I am doing for the wedding, you have a backdrop you can picture it on. Make sense?

Okay. To start, the bridal party is getting ready in this beautiful "old" house next to the church. Here are some pictures:

Picture from FriscoHeritage.org
I am in love with that chair!

After we all get ready in this gorgeous house filled with beautiful antique pieces, we will move next door, into the (reconstruction of the) old Baptist Church, with the original pews from 100-ish years ago. It's pretty stunning. Tin ceiling, two aisles, arched windows, wall sconces, and stained glass. Just breathtaking really.

Picture from FriscoHeritage.org



Lastly, after our vows are said, we will be celebrating in the old train depot. Sounds classy right? Well, it's pretty cool. It's got a really casual feel and I cannot wait to dress it up with candles, flowers, and some soft lighting. It will be gorgeous! I just know it!
Picture from DallasNews.com

The middle picture is the entry way (door to the left) from the reception space (the bottom picture). It has beadboarding all around the whole building, except for the reception space, which is little more raw wood. It is a wonderful room and I am very excited!

Okay. So now you've seen it. Now maybe you can keep up with what I'm doing and maybe get inspired for your own wedding planning, whether it's in the works or not. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment